Validity Check Unfixable Problem

How can I fix an error sketchup found but couldn’t fix?

Results of Validity Check.
*** Problems were found that could not be fixed! ***

The entity at address 12c21b0 has an invalid id (0) destroyed (0)

If this was in SketchUp (as opposed to LayOut), then perhaps manually fix it, with the normal SketchUp tools? Can you determine what geometry was changed by the verification operation (e.g., by using the Solid Inspector2 extension)? For what it’s worth I never ask SketchUp to attempt to fix geometry changes caused by the verification operation, because I don’t know what it’s going to do.

If there is no clear “damage” to the model, and the Save function succeeds to save the model to a file, maybe you could ignore the issue (though it may represent some type of software problem that the developers would want to know).

Help! I have the same problem but I can’t fix it "Problems found that could not be fixed"
I have no idea what it’s about, I made a couple material changes and nothing else

saved when I changed it to a simple color and not a wood grain. Is there a limit to how many materials you can have in a model?

1 Like

I am having the same problem. I cannot save this file. I already ( In model info (statistics)) purged unused. Is this a bug in SU 2017?

1 Like

i have this same problem
Results of Validity Check.
*** Problems were found that could not be fixed! ***
The entity at address 1601f310 has an invalid id (0) destroyed (0)
happens when saving a project was working on

so i split up my changes and put in seperate file that save with no problems but the original file still have this error
so i exit without saving will open both later

Same problem here. Don’t know if this is a 2017 bug or what.

The issue has been around for a while, for me it often is the result of the pipe-along-path script which creates a bad intersection somehow. I will attempt to reproduce it.

Take a look at this forum thread

Results of Validity Check.
*** Problems were found that could not be fixed! ***

The entity at address 7bb9b060 has an invalid id (0) destroyed (0)

Is it a virus or just bugs in sketchUp?

It is not a virus, but a bug that somehow corrupts the model’s geometry database. Some reports suggest it happens when an imported component has the same internal name as the file that contains it.

I had this problem!

I managed to fix the issue by selecting the model and changing the color.

انا اوجة مشكلة في فتح البرنامج 2017

I managed to fix it by making my 3d model a group and then exploding it, I then changed the name of the model (added a number) and was then able to save as and export/take screenshots hope this works for everyone else. Let me know how you get on…

I got the same issue.
I tried select-all and delete so there was no geometry left in the model at all, and it still did the same thing, so it wasn’t a geometry problem.
Next I tried select-all, copy, new file, paste and then the problem went away.

I’m guessing there was something weird like it hadn’t deleted a line properly, so it wasn’t available to the user, but it wasn’t fully gone either. Anyway - hoping this might work as a solution for others.

1 Like