Error Message - Model Check

Hi All,
I have just opened my template, saved it to a new file and imported a dwg/dxf file from a surveyor. After a while the following dialog box pops up containing the following message;
Your model has been checked, and all problems have been fixed
This continually repeats every time you save the file. Any clues?

I have posted this issue before. The error message come up occasionally in inexplicably. Not present in every file. Any clues? Is there a purge / maintenance routine? The message appears at each save.

Window > Preferences > General

prf-02

Ah… That simple. Still, it would be interesting how these “problems” creep in. Am I being sloppy in creating my geometry?
Thanks for the fix.

If you import components from 3D Warehouse directly into your model, instead of checking them before or even better, creating them yourself, or maybe even something from the way you modeled an element… it happens!
You’re welcome!

1 Like

There are some innocent actions that seem to create geometry that has issues, and I think the auto save is picking up on those and fixing them.

Something that would be very useful would be where you recently saved, then see the message about something being fixed. If you then did a revert, and repeated the changes you had done since the last save, if the same error comes up that would isolate what action you had done to introduce the problem.

If you are up for trying that test, you could set the auto save time down to 1 minute, and then do a regular save after say 2 minutes. When the message shows up during a save, the change you made that caused a problem would be from what you had done in between the previous save and the new save. The SKB file and the SKP would only be different because of the changes you had made that caused the problem.

If instead you see the message while you are working, that means it was the actions you did since the last save. Then doing a revert and repeating the same actions should cause the same problem.

We are still trying to find cases where we can do a particular action and then see the problems occur.

1 Like

Thanks Colin, I will give this a go and see what comes out of it. Keep up the great work.