Tuna’s Trash

What’s that device on the sofa? :smiley:

3 Likes

I think they call it an “electroniclongdistanceconversationdevice” :wink:

1 Like

No I think its a statue :smiley:

Thanks everyone. Have always wondered what would happen IF…… had to use rotary phones, write letters, balance a checkbook and actually have meaningful face to face conversations with people :laughing: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

In fact I still do have one of these (Beocom) somewhere as I haven’t the heart to throw it away. The landline is used only for ADSL.

2 Likes

We have one of these hanging in our kitchen. It works just fine. My son is the only one in his class who knows what it really means to dial a phone.

7 Likes

Dave does it have one of those super long cords on like ours had? Got to be able to walk halfway around the house while your on the phone. :laughing:

2 Likes

No. Thankfully it’s kind of short.

1 Like

When I recently had to clear my father’s house out we foolishly let go of his Bakelite rotary dial phone that was still connected and functioning.

7 Likes

Posting this up for those who haven’t used ThomThom’ s SubD, VertexTools and QuadFace Tools. Very cool thing is you can go back into a SubD model and make significant changes without having to start from scratch. Took an older chair model I wasn’t quite happy with, dialed back to the proxies. Some moving things around and I get a brand new chair. Actually did some pretty heavy mods to the original. Much faster than if I had to start from scratch.

6 Likes

SubD, VertexTools and QuadFace Tools are from thomthom, not fredo6.

Fixed it. Brain fade when typing, thanks tensu .

1 Like

Who says SU is just for modeling square stuff ? :wink: Needed a monster thing for a crazy render I have in mind…. Well here it is. :v:

14 Likes

Impossible, can’t be done in sketchup.

8 Likes

I suspect extension usage…

2 Likes

Probably done in blender and imported.

Anssi, Box , you guys are sooo… funny :wink: . For those who don’t suspect QuadFace Tools, Vertex Tools and SubD are my special friends. Also a very old SketchUp Character modeling video by Rich O’Brien helped me wrap my head around doing this :v:

4 Likes

Modeled up the ladies dressing table , who remembers when women had one in their bedroom…… of course had to put a little scene together for a render ! Always good practice. :sunglasses:
mod ladies vanity

8 Likes

Putting together a scene for rendering my lizard monster thing. Needed an old school movie camera for it…… so here you go :sunglasses: :v:

10 Likes

Nice render!
My grandmother had a vanity. It was built into a nook as I recall, which made it especially cozy and attractive. We’ve designed some into bathrooms, with dropped counters beside the sink counters.