Trouble with your license... This SketchUp Pro license was created on a different computer, and will not work here

I have been using my 2019 classic license on my new laptop for over a month now with no issue. This morning i have logged on and it’s giving me the error message “Trouble with your license… This SketchUp Pro license was created on a different computer, and will not work here.”

Looking into this it appears i need to remove the license from my previous laptop, which i have done.
This hasn’t solved the problem, I have uninstalled sketchup from the new laptop and reinstalled which has not helped. It doesn’t give me the option to reauthorise on my new laptop nor will it let me remove the license.

Not sure why this is a problem all of a sudden.

Ideas? Recommendations?

Not necessarily, you may activate on more than one machine with one license, but removing it will free up one activation. Btw. uninstalling SketchUp won’t free up the activation, only the ‘Remove License’ option in the Welcome screen

This happens when mirroring a disc or Folder to another system, the activation process puts a sketchup.lic file in the user data with info in it about the macaddress and accountname at the time of activating.
SketchUp uses this info to activate upon startup.

There are two locations where such a sketchup.lic file could reside, in the user AppData folder and in the ProgramData folder.

Get rid of those and then try to add the license