The tool-tips for the rotation tool (and others) get stuck on the screen sometimes. The only way I’ve been able to reliably fix the problem is to switch to the Move tool and move my cursor around the screen. Then they disappear.
I can duplicate the issue with the following steps…
- Select an object
- Activate the Rotate tool using (Q)
- Move the cursor around until you get some sort of tool-tip such as “On Edge” or “On Point”
- Without moving the mouse, activate the Select tool using (Space Bar)
- Move your mouse around and notice the tool-tip doesn’t disappear.
- Activate the Move tool using (M)
- Move your mouse around and notice the tool-tip disappears.
I know it’s not a big thing, but it happens to me often enough that it gets rather irritating.
It appears that the Move tool puts the interface into a mode where moving the mouse clears any tool-tips. Perhaps the other tools just need to be updated to match the behavior of the Move tool?