Thumbnail in component window download

I use Sketchup Make 2017. I know that going into 3DWarehouse and downloading a componment into a model isn’t available, but I have been able to go to the component window while working on a model and click on a thumbnail of a component and the component download into the model, but Now it seems I cannot do that. Have ALL 2017 components been deleted?

I expect that’s the case. Or at least there won’t be that many of them. You can get components from the 3D Warehouse using your browser, though. Just download the Collada version and import the .dae.

It still works on Mac, but the same models on Windows show a file not found or invalid error.

If I directly look in a web page I can see that a 2017 version isn’t available, but Components should still get the original format model. If that is being phased out I’m not sure why it still works on Mac.

For now, you would need to download the model in a web browser, as Collada, unzip the download to get a model.dae and model folder, then import that dae. Make sure to go into options and turn on Merge Coplanar Faces.