Downloading component in 2017 sketchup make

I use sketchup make 2017 and I know that 3D warehouse no longer has 2017 components, but I have been downloading components from within the component window while working on a model, but now, seems that the download function is not working from within the program itself.

The 3D Warehouse no longer supports SketchUp 2018 or earlier. This was announced more than two months ago and the change took place several weeks ago.

You can access the 3D Warehouse through your Internent browser and download the Collada version of the component. Then import the .dae file into your SketchUp model.

I know this…but You also said I could download 2017 compatible models from within the component window when I have a model open and working on it. The download feature is not working from within the component window

In fact, what Dave said was entirely different. SketchUp 2017 and 2018 are no longer compatible with the models in the Warehouse, except when downloaded in an Internet browser in the Collada (.dae) format.

1 Like

When you see a result you like in the Components panel, if you click on the text it will attempt to open the 3D Warehouse window. Instead of clicking on the text, click on the thumbnail. Then it should download into your scene.

1 Like

Yes. And you can as Colin indicated.

thank you

Good evening from France,
I’m digging up this topic because I’m also using version 17. Oh, only for personal projects, because I like to tinker.
so I can’t find components either, or online or from the software.
I just downloaded the 2023 trial version (to see), but… another problem : this time it’s my o.s that is “obsolete” (Mac HighSierra 10.13.6).
I read your exchanges, tried the advices, dld .dae versions… it doesn’t work. :confused:

My questions ?..

• Is there on 3DWH an archive of the old versions, even if they are no longer “followed” ? Maybe I could find the 2019 or 2020 one that HighSierra would accept ?
  • Isn’t there a database of components, obsolete too ? (after all, vintage is furiously fashionable…). ^^
    Thanks for your guidance. It’s not a vital problem, of course, but it would bring me a lot of joy to have a solution.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

Read what I wrote in the first reply in this thread.

No. There isn’t.

No. There isn’t that, either.