This SketchUp Pro license is just plain broken. - The system clock is altered by more than a calendar day. - How to fix this?

Hello,

My system clock was altered, and now I can’t get my license activated again.
Been searching for a while, but can’t fix this.
Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thanx in advance,

greetings Kaelyn

who altered the system clock and why?

john

I didn’t do that on purpose, when I started my pc it was suddenly 2087.
After two reboots it went to the actual date again.
Maybe the little battery from my pc is empty, but no other signs yet.
Now everything looks normal, just SketchUp Pro 2018 not.
I opened the program when my pc was still in the wrong year, I fear that that’s the problem…

was it the SU trial or the full paid version?

the trial will definitely have system clock tampering detection built in…

contact support if it’s the paid version and a repair from the instal file doesn’t work…

also fill in you profile so it’s easier to see the version your using…

or trying to…

john

it’s the student license for a year
Expiration: 01/17/2019

that’e a paid version as well, so raise a ticket with support and they should be able to reset the licence…

@TheOnlyAaron may know who to poke for an online comment…

john

Thanx!

No answer yet from him
Is there something I can do myself to at least work in SketchUp this evening?
Even the free version doesn’t work at the moment, because Sketch Up thinks it’s expired
Is there a registry cleaner or something to make SketchUp work again, or only the trial version for the moment?

you could possibly use ‘SketchUp Free’ as a stop gap…

you can upload and download from the desktop or the cloud, but no extensions, and a different interface…

in the UK a lot of students use Free on their laptops and pro in the Lab at Uni…

I think it’s worth learning for when your stuck without your computer…

john

Thanx for the tip
Tried my license on a friends computer, there it still works
Meaning I think it’s something on my computer
How can I solve this?

I’m a mac user, maybe a knowledgeable windows internals helper will come to the rescue…

@DanRathbun or @SketchUp3D_de maybe…

john

Thanx

what is the exact error message?

1 Like

Trouble with your license…
This SketchUp Pro license is just plain broken.

and Licensed To: SketchUp Pro 2018 User, Expired, 49 days remaining

The 49 days is correct, then I’m going to renew, but in the same sentence stands Expired

Tried to reinstall the program may times, and tried the free version, but somewhere on my computer stands that it is expired
But don’t know where…

Hello,

Thanx for your answer. Here the exact error message:

Trouble with your license…

This SketchUp Pro license is just plain broken.

and Licensed To: SketchUp Pro 2018 User, Expired, 49 days remaining

The 49 days is correct, then I’m going to renew, but in the same sentence stands Expired

Tried to reinstall the program may times, and tried the free version, but somewhere on my computer stands that it is expired

But don’t know where…

Kind regards,

Kaelyn

I do not discuss license system details publicly and always point users to SketchUp Technical Support for issues such as this.

There is nothing the user can do by themselves to circumvent the license security anyway, once it is locked itself up on a certain computer.

1 Like

Thanx for your support.

I found technical support, but because of the problem that my license looks expired I couldn’t ask help here. I got the following message:

Sorry, support is not provided with the license you entered for one of the following reasons:

• The serial number is invalid
  • The license was deactivated e.g. due to an upgrade to a new license
  • Maintenance & Support has expired
  • The license was purchased through a reseller. Your reseller will be able to provide support.

Please check your license status here.

If it is a educational copy fo SketchUp Pro that you purchased, it was likely through Creation Engine. They should be able to walk you through the steps to reset your license.

Thanx, send them an email.