This does not appear to be a SketchUp model Problem

Hello

i am using Sketchup for schools and I am having issues importing a model.

It is an .skp file saved in my drive. All created in Sketchup and now I try to open it and it says ‘This does not appear to be a SketchUp model!’.

Is there any solutions to this?

Thank you!

Well, you could try uploading it here to see if anyone else can open it.

1 Like

hmm I just tried to get it in here but it says it is empty (it also shows as 0kb). Pretty odd

I usually opened it from ‘recent files’, but today I cleared my browser/cookies and stuff so that dissappeared. I am sure on the last time I edited it it sayed ‘saved’.

Your first post said the file was on your drive. If it is, it should still be there regardless of cookie clearance. You could try doing a search for SKP files in File Explorer.

So your primary goal is to resume working on the file that is in Web? In regular Web version, at least, you can find your files that are not in Home / recents by going to Open> Trimble Connect, or Trimble Connect tab > SketchUp, or going to the main menu within an open model and selecting Open.

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 8.10.09

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 8.06.02

I found a backup of my model somewhere else. Thanks everyone for trying to get me to the solution! This can be closed now

Hello, I am having the same problem and not able to open up a SKetchUp file.
This is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oyTdocujlcpubu1pLP26EV7UF2FQrDUS/view?usp=sharing

I have read the comments but do not seem to have any luck.

Thank you for any help in advance

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.