I have been painting curved surfaces like that for several years now, without this issue, so I am guessing something has changed in version 2023?
I can still paint a curved surface, by not showing hidden geometry, and then apply the texture to the hole curved face at once. The texture is applied seamless. But the problem is here, that I did not chose where the texture origin point was, and that is very important for my use cases.
Does anyone know anything about this? Is it a bug in this version? Can you do this in your version without above issue? Any help is highly appreciated, thanks!
I did the same test in 2023 + some more, and nothing but one worked. The only one that worked, was a square rounded with FredoCorner plugin (number 3 from the left). Number 4 from the left is a polygon.
I did a lot of looking into this, before logging a bug about it. I found that the same problem happens in all versions of SketchUp.
There is still a bug to fix, but it’s less urgent as it seems to have always been this way. It seems that if you have adjusted the image at all, say perhaps you have had to flip the image, then the sections don’t line up, even in 2017. If you haven’t adjusted the image, then the sections line up, even in 2023.
The solution is to right-click, Make Unique Texture, after doing any position adjustments. Then use the eyedropper to pick up the new material. That should then fill the faces in correctly.
I have noticed textures in 2023 not aligning properly on cubes (like marble for countertops) by default even if i copy the texture from 1 side then pasted to one of the sides and i couldn’t rectify it. It sounds like exactly this issue. It was never an issue on 2022 or prior.
I didn’t save that file, but I can set it up the same and attach it if you want.
All it is is a cylinder and an image.
I have done it twice, set up the same way with different images and it behaved the same both times.
I see the difference between what you are doing and what I was doing. Now I see different behavior in 2022. I still don’t know of any change that we made that would account for this, but I created a bug report for it to be looked into. It’s SKOR-17567 in our system.