Text got messed up in the update

All the text in my existing files became, what seems like, randomly filled and not (they were all filled before). This is across all my files. Fixing each letter would be very time consuming.

Any advice?

Thank you!

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 3.52.33 PM|690x271

Can you share the .skp file?

Well, it appears those faces have been well and truly removed. Unfortunately at least for the version you are using, the only options are to edit the text components and replace the faces or replace the text components.

Hmm. Would upgrading help? Or using a non web version?

It seems they made changes to the “text styling” should I anticipate a fix?Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 4.11.53 PM

Also, Thank you for your help!

I think where upgrading would help would be having access to LayOut so you can do a proper document with a scaled drawing and regular text instead of using geometry to create the text.

I don’t know if the text styling thing had anything to do with 3D text or not. At this point, though, I think it’s unlikely that another update would improve anything.

You’re welcome. Sorry it’s not the help you were hoping for.

This definitely happened with the update.
The letters were all filled in on all my files a month or so ago.
Do you think somehow working in a non-web-based version would restore them to what they were?
Thanks again.

No. I opened your file in SU2021 and the faces are non-existent.

I privately sent you a version I downloaded before the update. Are the faces filled in on that version?

Same thing. That would imply it’s not the update.

Hmm. Darn. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Sorry. FWIW, you might want to remove your file since it has your address and phone number it.

First thing you should do is go to Model Info (righthand toolbar) Units and Untick Length snapping. (A useless and problematic feature.)
My guess is Sketchup ‘Fixed’ your models when you saved them and due to tiny irregularities in the geometry of the lettering it remove many of the faces.

1 Like

I have removed the file I sent you directly, I think.

The one in this thread had my info removed, I thought.

Sorry, not to experienced on these forums.

Thanks, I will do that in the future.

Sorry. It did have the info removed in the model space but the components with your address, phone number, and e-mail address are still in the model. It would be easiest to edit the post and remove the file.

Thanks! Pretty sure I just removed all those things. Thanks again!

1 Like

For future reference, make sure you purge your model to remove deleted components.
I downloaded your model before you deleted it and I can certainly post a letter to your client or phone or email you any time.

The icon circled in red is the purge button.

By the way, ’ is feet and " is inches. So it looks like your existing trees to be removed are bonsai’s.

Haha! Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.