Tatra 815 GTC "Tatra round the world" - 3D printed

Tatra 815 GTC (Grand tourist caravan) known as “Tatra around the world” was legendary czechoslovak expedition truck. When I was 7, we play with the toy of this truck but later my brother took the truck and I envied him the toy. So when I was adult, I have printed the truck much more bigger. Now he envy to me :smiley:

t4

13 Likes

if you want, you can look at the instructions. It’s only in czech language but the instructions include some pics of assembly from sketchup and list of all components. here is the link:

1 Like

Is that a vehicle that has really existed? It looks like one of @liamk887 's fantasy creations (but without weapons).

1 Like

Yes its a real car - build in 1986.

2 Likes

Yes, it is. Real vehicle is exposed in the Tatra museum in Kopřivnice, Czech republic. Here is a link of web about the truck, where are many informations about the vehicle:

1 Like

actually none of my trucks have guns just the spaceships :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Photos from yesterday’s event in Czech Radio … 3D printed model Tatra 815 GTC was a pleasant surprise of the whole event, which was screening of rediscovered travel films from the first Tatra expedition around the world … I offered the model to Czech Radio and I expected that at all no interest … eventually it was an unforgettable experience … when I started to create this model, I wouldn’t think that during this time it will started the “Tatra around the world 2” and there will be rediscovered 20 years old forgotten movies and two participants of the first expedition will take photos with the model in HQ of the Czech Radio.

3 Likes

there is the the first part of movie on youtube but only until 15.2.2020 but only in czech language…:

1 Like

Interesting footage. The taxis and other cars look '70s, but I’m guessing '80s sometime? Not only are the World Trade Center towers there, but it’s hard to tell how much of César Pelli’s complex of the World Financial Center are finished.