SU2020 horrible performance

I’d say it looks like you need to do a little more optimisation.

My machine isn’t a slouch, but not quite up to your spec, but also seems to run the test somewhat better that you’ve reported.

It’s probably some setting somewhere, brand new build and a LOT of software to deal with. What I can say is whatever resolution I use it stays the same, whatever antialiasing setting I use (x0 or x16) it stays the same. Add in max textures etc etc… it stays the same. Seem you can throw anything at it in that test and it returns 32fps.
Again, it runs faster than the last PC in all other software.

My system now runs the test between 42-45fps
Settings: 3440x1440 16xAA Fast response ON
Plugins: Plenty

Reason for near 50% result boost? I went into the Nvidia Control panel and for the first time ever, made a Sketchup specific change from my Global Settings.
Setting changes “Threaded Optimisation - OFF”

Thought I’d see as I know SU is single threaded.

3 Likes

That’s interesting. All my Nvidia settings are at their defaults, and for me it shows that Threaded Optimisation is Off by default.

I have noticed that you are not the first person to report slow performance on a top-notch PC, and as far as I remember the others have had somewhat similar setups as you.
@colin, is there a hardware guru on the team who could investigate?

I do not want to state the obvious, but have you set your Windows Power Plan to high performance? I work at a HP Workstation reseller specialized in CAD workstations. What we see a lot is that our clients just start using a new system without checking this. In a standard installation Windows 10 will always have the Power Plan set to “optimized” and not High performance. Normally a CAD workstation is not purchased for it’s power saving capabilities…

4 Likes

Ryzen 3000 x570 chipset driver installs custom Ryzen power plans including the performance one I am using.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.