SU layout floor plan question?

Hey gang, I am supposed to create a floor plan for a 10,000 square foot showroom. This is a furniture store that is getting somewhat of a makeover. I will have to place all the furniture on the floor plan to see what will work best for placement.

Should I do this in layout or in SU first then transfer to layout?

I also would like to be able to print it off in sections then tape these pages together to create a larger plan to work with.

This way we will be able to read all the notes on individual pieces of furniture.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am very new to layout :roll_eyes:

Thank you!

Jay

I’d do most of the drawing in SketchUp. You can make the floor plan and any elevations and perspective views as scenes in the SketchUp file and then send to LayOut to create the document.

I agree with @DaveR. It is much easier to create the plan and furniture in SU. If the furniture repeats, it’s a shoe-in for using components.

LO is really just for final output, although its latest incarnation is a lot more sophisticated than it used to be and is moving towards a full blown 2D drawing package. Not there yet though.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.