SU Bugsplat Crash

I can’t stand the sketchup crashes. It’s like it’s the 1990s

Auto cad, illustrator, office - none of them just randomly crash (any more)

Why is this still a thing in 2023?

You are using SketchUp under an unsupported operating system that was released after SketchUp 2022 came out. It seems to work OK for many users, and crashes for others. If the reason for the crashes is known, they will be probably fixed with the next release. If not, tell the developers how to reproduce your crashes and supply example files that display the faulty behaviour.

I have a friend who is a design engineer. His software will close abruptly after a certain period of time. When this happens all saves made during the session are lost.

1 Like

Autosave running amok?

This (and the PC variant) still gives me nightmares.

4420372218_131c20de26

I can’t wait for SU2023 to release. not for the new things, I’m not expecting much, especially with the resources diverted to the ipad version, and the lack of major upgrades these recent years.
But at least Ventura will be officially supported.

1 Like

I’ve been using sketchup for 20 years, through a lot of versions and a lot of operating systems. Since 2020 it’s been buggier (imho).

I should be able to use it anywhere on any machine and it would throw up an error if needed, not crash and shut down. Other software developers have seemed to have largely overcome this.

Super frustrating. I’ve found the file recovery and autosave work decently, but it would be good to not have to rely on them.

I honestly do not know. He is pretty tight-lipped about his job.

btw every1, i had the same problem, and i was about to post it, but then i saw this!
all of this just helped meeee!
thx,
Nina