SU 2018Pro Crashing constantly on file > close or 'switch window' - "Arrrrrrrg!"

SU 2018Pro Crashing constantly on file > close or switch window. I’m a big user 2 paid copies - but getting ridiculous number of crashes -countless.
Bug splat pop-up stopped arriving - I sent so many.
iMac, Apple must be getting sick of my ‘Problem Reports’.
I’m not super computer savvy -

Any extensions running?
Why not upgrade the os?

Only “Weld” (+weld settings) was ‘installed’ -otherwise all native extensions.

Upgrading to High Sierra tonight - will let you know (we couldn’t do this before apparently some compatibility issues with other software).

Hi @Linus , little late here but quite interested -
Did you experience any crashes on Sierra / High Sierra?

Hi, yes I switched up to High Sierra some time ago - still seem to have ‘hundreds’ of crashes. Running on an older imac, with a lower end 2nd monitor. The problem seems to be, and I’ve typed this in so many Bug Splats, something to do with ‘switching between’ 2 or more open skp files. For my workflow I rely heavily on copy/ paste-in-place between a couple of open files.

I crash most of the time with command +tab, sliding one ‘screen’ over and picking another - or - when I close one of the drawings. What is particularly infuriating is when I re-open SU and the file I was trying to close opens again on relaunch - its a gong show at deadline time.

[ I wish SU had a little red ‘save gauge’ off to the side - so processing during a ‘save’ could be avoided - that is one suspicion I have about the crash phenomenon. Of course I save my work repeatedly - and save-as often.

(Note that at home I have a separate ‘personal’ SU-pro 2018-license on my 2014.5 Macbook Pro/ Iintel graphics only, which has no issues.

I run minimal extensions - Weld and solarNorth.

This machine and license belongs to my employer. Imac info

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6970M

Hardware Overview:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 20 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.004F.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.72f2

Let me know if more info would help (or TMI), thanks in advance and warm regards.

‘Linus’

Thanks for all the info. That’s interesting because I’ve been experiencing the very same issue you’re describing, only I’m not working on an iMac.

Is that OS 11 & intel iris pro as in your profile?