SU 2015 x64 Win - issue!

Installed SU last night and kept having an issue that I have no idea how to solve: When SU first opens (any model) I cannot click on anything - I get the sound as if there’s a hidden window open behind the main window whenever I try to click on something, but I cannot get to it. When I open another model and it happens to open up with other windows open on my second monitor and I close one of those (ie outliner), the main SU window now becomes functional and I can work normally. Any help appreciated.

As a follow-up. If I get a model window active and I close it, SU produces a bugsplat.

Have you submitted this BugSplat?
Did you enter any details in the name, email or description textboxes we can use to look it up?

Did it never load properly after installing?
Did you install some extensions?

Just did 1min ago. Had at least ten of them last night and a few of them were submitted

Sorry - did not answer your other questions:

• yes loaded correctly initially
  • did install some extensions
  • in the process of deleting skalp and buildedge as they;re noth not compatible yet

mk11 Skalp 1.0.0320 is SketchUp 2015 ready (you can download it from the Extension Warehouse, sketchUcation plugin store or our website )

I need some hint to what you entered in the details - otherwise I can’t find the report.

My email address marc@bauhaus.co -
When SU first opens (any model) I cannot click on anything - I get the sound as if there’s a hidden window open behind the main window whenever I try to click on something, but I cannot get to it. When I open another model and it happens to open up with other windows open on my second monitor and I close one of those (ie outliner), the main SU window now becomes functional and I can work normally

Found them. They are pooled together with other crashes we believe are related starting SketchUp with extensions that isn’t compatible with SU2015.

You Plugin list didn’t look to be too big, could you try to remove them and reinstate them one by one to see if any particular one cause this?

OK… Uninstalled both Buildedge and Skalp and it worked fine.
Just re-installed Skalp 1.0 v1.0.0320 and it appears to work fine on a 45mb model with heavy skalp sections! And it’s sooooo fast :smile:

1 Like

If now we could only have custom line types and weights … these sections would be such a beauty :wink:

1 Like

To it appear to be having BuildEdge installed that caused the issue?

Yes - that would be the case.

Have you tried " Alt/Tab " to see if another window will open - hoping you know this function…
cheers,