Style has changed and I can't see edges anymore

advice

On all of my other recent models the faces were default white/blue with black lines on every edges.

On my current model, when I began to extrude faces the style became more presentational, so that my edges were only visible when against the background.

I have played with the style and layer options but it has not brought the lines back.

I want it to look like this:

But instead it looks like this:

I can’t show the file because it was too big and it is not allowing me to reduce the number of faces because it treats all of it as 2 or 3 faces.

are edges turned off? I can see you are working in shaded styles rather than monochrome

Have you tried View > Edge Style > Edges? The edges may also have been soften.

rim no lines.skp (1.6 MB)

I couldn’t find the answer yet, here is the file. All surface no lines ?

This is what it looks like when I open it. What should it look like?

All the edges have been softened/smoothed?

If you triple click on it to select all of the geometry, you can adjust the Soften Edges slider to the left until you get edges.

I only just extruded it, I didn’t soften anything.

Follow Me does that automatically when the edges of the profile are welded as in the arcs and such.Which edges do you want to see exactly?

I want to see the cross section, the circle had 128 sides. So there should be 128 blocks

Select all of the geometry, right click and select Soften/Smooth. Then adjust the slider all the way to the left.

I can’t see it, is it a Pro feature?

No. It’ll be found in the tray on the right.

Keep in mind that since the side faces of the rim are flat, there won’t be any edges on those faces.

Ah, I had to go to Window first. Thanks

You’re welcome.

What version of SketchUp are you using? Your profile provides conflicting information. If you are using SketchUp 2018, it must be Pro. If you are using Make, it must be 2017 or earlier. Perhaps you could correct your profile info.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.