Start up files opening on desktop

Hi! When I open SketchUp I have a bunch of files that appear on my desktop. If anyone can help me figure out how to change that, I would be so grateful!

Can you show a screen shot of what you are seeing?

Here it is, thank you!

How did you go about installing SketchUp? It doesn’t look like it was done correctly. Did you change the file location when you installed it?

To back up what Dave is suggesting, that looks as if you had dragged SketchUp.exe from the Program Files folders to your desktop. It then created all of the files it needed next to it.

After you have installed SketchUp correctly, if those files are still on the desktop, here is a list of files and folders that should not be there. You can delete the matching ones on the desktop:

BsSndRpt64.exe, BugSplat64.dll, BugSplatRc64.dll, cef, chrome_elf.dll, collada.dll, COLLADASchema.xsd, common_application.dll,
common_signinhelper.dll, d3dcompiler_47.dll, dbghelp.dll, Dialogs, Exporters, gdal16.dll, glcards.dat, icudtl.dat, ifcplugin,
Images, ImportCommon-3.67.dll, Importers, ImportSDK-3.67.dll, jsonpatcheditor.exe, LayOut, LayOutAPI.dll, LayOutControllers.dll,
LayOutModel.dll, LayOutRTF.dll, LayOutRubyAPI.so, lib3ds_dll.dll, libcef.dll, libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll, libEGL.dll, libffi-6.dll,
libGLESv2.dll, libgmp-10.dll, libssl-1_1-x64.dll, libyaml-0-2.dll, natives_blob.bin, opensourcecredits.html, pdflib.dll, Resources,
ShippedClassifications, ShippedExtensions, SketchUp.exe, SketchUpAPI.dll, SketchUpCommonPreferences.dll, SketchUpViewerAPI.dll,
sketchup_webhelper.exe, snapshot_blob.bin, Style Builder, Support, ThumbsUp.dll, Tools, uninstaller_helper.exe, v8_context_snapshot.bin,
widevinecdmadapter.dll, x64-msvcrt-ruby250.dll, zlib1.dll,

It was good we got you sorted out Emma. I hope your project is going along well, now.

Thanks very much! Dave helped me out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Libya

Cool,Hassen, but what does that have to do with this topic? Why not fix the camera and post in the gallery on your own thread?