Having an issue opening a SketchUp pro file? screen shot attached

Hello everyone. I seem to have a problem opening an existing SketchUp file I have been working on? I have not seen this before and not sure what I am doing wrong? The file has an โ€œxโ€ through it and wont let me open it?

I have attached a screen shot to show. I think I am just doing something wrong and cant figure out how to get it open?

Thank for your help!! :slight_smile:
Jay
Capture

Thatโ€™s odd that it shows a Chrome icon instead of a SketchUp icon. What is the file extension?

Are you still using SU2018 as indicated in your profile? Can you share the file that wonโ€™t open?

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply. I am using SKU 2021. I better update my profile. Yeah, this is weird.
I tried to share file and I cant even do that? Hmmmmmm,

Jay

Is it a SketchUp file or a Layout file? Chrome icons are typically what SVG files default to in the absence of something like Illustrator or Inkscape.

So what is the file extension?

Hi Dave, how do I get the file extension?? Not real sure what that is exactly?

Jay

Hello everyone. I seem to have a problem opening an existing SketchUp file. I have not seen this before and not sure what I am doing wrong? The file opens and immediately shut down.

I have attached a screen shot to show. I think I am just doing something wrong and cant figure out how to get it open?

Thank for your help!!

What version of SketchUp are you using? Your profile says 2022 Make (desktop) but thatโ€™s a version that has never existed.

Uploaad the SketchUp file so we can take a look and possibly fix it for you.

See if this article helps with the X in icon issue. Might help the Chrome icon cases too.

Thanks for sending that bugsplat in. One of the things that was going on at the time was to do with add location. We did fix an add location issue in 2023, if you are still using 2022 one of us may be able to open and save your file, to fix that issue.

Hi Dave, my profile says this when I look at it, weird as to what you see?

Jay

My question about SketchUp version was in a reply to @davidf_gonzalez whose profile says he us using 2022 Make (desktop) which is impossible.
Screenshot - 3_6_2023 , 3_38_11 PM

Thanks for all your help guys. I was able to figure it out as it was a OneDrive issue. All good now.

Jay

1 Like