Spiral staircase

hi there,
I’m trying to create a spiral staircase on MAC, I have create one step made it an component Ive pressed Q to activate the protractor and then have clicked sides then clicked common (copy on Mac) to copy and paste the component but nothings happening…
any ideas ?
many thanks

*command

Sounds like you’re not using the Rotate tool correctly. Share your .skp file so we can see exactly how you’ve set up the model.

What version of SketchUp are you using? Your profile is confusing.

exposure V2.skp (1.3 MB)

I’m using the web version

Is this the problem you’re talking about?

Well, I’ve tried recreating the error in my own browser (Chrome with a Windows machine) and it’s not having any issues making copies of components based on rotation.

The browser version is known to have stability issues if it’s left running for too long, so you may want to try refreshing the tab.

I’m also noticing that a lot of the stairs don’t quite match up because they’re a tad off kilter from each other (per my previous screenshot). I think when you’re using the rotation tool (Q), it’s not aligning with the axes, causing the angles to be off. When you select your point of rotation, use the arrow keys to make sure it’s aligned with the red, blue, or green axis.

You are putting it very nicely… I would just call this a mess. (sorry!)

Not if the axis of rotation is not on axis!! In that case select the rotate tool, click and drag on the axis you want to rotate around.

perfect thanks so much guys they look a lot better now!