Space planning in 2D - sketchup or layout

First test.
Oh my gosh, no need visualize in another sofwares.

2 Likes

The reason I prefer the layout-SketchUp combo over going to CAD or Photoshop is the refreshing scenes. When the concept is changing - in my work it is very often and has to adjust quickly - if the changes are minor then I find saved scenes and refreshing scenes very useful - as well as the ability to snap to object in Layout, is brilliant.

I still use CAD for more sophisticated detailed drawings - when the concept is settled. I do prefer the SketchUp - Layout combo still, it’s more fun.

EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE A FEW FUNCTIONS I MISSING FROM THE LAYOUT

• the ability to make a hole in objects (like" create a clipping" mask in case of an image, you can not make a ring for example by cutting a circular hole in a circle…OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING? I found a way around of course, but still, it’s a bit hideous.

• transparency is good, but a gradient would be brilliant to add as a layer or a mask

• I which there would be an option to have a shaded model view (like RHINO - am sorry to say) as the sun is not always a possibility to light interiors. Or perhaps add a light source as an option for advanced users???

Where shall I post suggestions for the developers?

beautiful detailing…

It looks a lot like what the Trimble Connect Visualizer can do. Someone had managed to run their SketchUp projects through it

Fabulous news. Thanks for sharing. Works spectacularly.
I use Word and Excel every day. This will be a great addition for our Construction Administration.
Best Regards.

1 Like