What is best way for 2d

Hello. Just learned sketchup. Would love to be able to do a simple floorplan with cabinets, bathrooms, etc. Maybe limited furniture. Cannot find anything in 2D. I want 3D as well and have figured that out - but for clients and certain pojects I just need 2D. I would like a toilet, range top, shower drain etc - similar to autocad 2D. If I download from the 3D warehouse it doesn’t work properly and it’s too much information for what I need. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks!

It’s probably best to create a 3D model and then use Section planes and Parallel Projection to create your 2D plan and elevation views.

1 Like

If your needs are simple, you may be able to use Layout on its own. That is natively 2D.

1 Like

There are 2d floor plan symbols for SketchUp in the 3d warehouse, if that’s what you want.

1 Like

Well you can always just insert your or any 2D dwg blocks into SU Pro.

Thank you - yes that’s what I’m looking for. I tried to search for 2d range or 2d toilet but wasn’t working so well. Is there a certain place to find these?

Thank you - was looking more for a 2d warehouse so I can do a simple floorplan first with simple 2d appliances, plumbing, etc. It’s beneficial in interior design to be able to show it 2d and 3d but it’s really hard to put the 3d fixtures in the 2d perspective because the layers complicate the countertops, etc

Thank you - was looking more for a 2d warehouse so I can do a simple floorplan first with simple 2d appliances, plumbing, etc. It’s beneficial in interior design to be able to show it 2d and 3d but it’s really hard to put the 3d fixtures in the 2d perspective because the layers complicate the countertops, etc. I like to create in 2d first and then move to 3d

Do you know where to find 2d dwg blocks?

Search for floorplan, 2D | 3D Warehouse There seems to be a lot there. But you can always search dwg blocks if you just don’t see what you like.

1 Like

This is what I was saying. So many 2d dwg blocks out there. Find something that works, drop it in, modify it and then save to a new folder in components.