Slow and laggy operation in SketchUp Pro 22.0.353 & Macbook Pro M1

Dear community,

I have a SketchUp Pro 22.0.353 running on Macbook M1 Pro with16GB Ram.
I’ve opened a file of a gallery space, which seems to be very simple and weighs only 8Mb.
As I ‘walk’ and ‘zoom’ through the space, everything seems to work smoothly, but when i try to import some images (less than 200kb) and then try to ‘move’ or ‘rotate’ them, it lags a lot and works very slowly. almost impossible. The same happens with drawing lines, using measuring tapes, and working with simple objects from the 3D Warehouse.

On my friend’s PC, everything runs smoothly.

Does anyone familiar with this Mac problem and can kindly recommend a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Sasha

Same issue here. Unsustainably slow! I’ve been a Sketchup Pro user for several years and have never experienced such sluggishness.

2024 Same Probleme here, is there a fix?

I’m confused.

Spantan had a problem with sketchup 2022 on mac.
but it worked fine on a PC

you have a problem with sketchup 2023 on pc (according to your profile)

it’s quite the opposite isn’t it ?

share a slow file. 9 times out of 10, when people come to this forum and complain about sluggishness, it can be solved by a bit of cleanup and good practices.

No, i run Sketchup on a Virtual Windows 11 Machine on my MacBook M1 Pro 16 GB, it nearly freeze when i use the aluvision extention and try there the magnetic snap tool

the Virtual machine is configured with maximum cpu and ram i can give to it

and since the aluvision plugin is compatible with the mac version, does sketchup also lag when working with mac’s sketchup ? not a virtual machine ?

yes on the mac version its the same

well then