So, this applies to Pro, Make, and Schools as far as I can tell. We have all three in my classroom.
Sketchup has it’s own built-in dynamic window component, that until recently has been superior to all others (https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/c4784862eff4a3e9de650492e45fb14f/Scalable-Double-Hung-Window).
- It scales beautifully.
- It offers multiple interior and exterior options.
- It has Grille and Screen options for color and visibility.
You can see it in action here: https://t.co/3qvp30sGPS?amp=1
Now, It does not work.
- It no longer scales on the z axis.
- It sticks to your mouse in an odd way.
- It has a bounding box about 20x it’s depth on the Y axis.
My students have used this as their go-to for years, and when one searches window components, it’s the wild west out there. Folks can upload just any ■■■■ to 3d warehouse.
So my questions are:
- Does anyone know how to fix the sketchup components so they work again?
- Can anyone recommend a good scalable dynamic alternative window for my students to use?