SU 20 Dynamic Component Problem (error?)

Just downloaded SU 20 and for some reason none of the SketchUp made dynamic components from the warehouse are working for me.

I’ve used this window before in previous versions without problem. Not sure what the deal is, but if I open it up, it looks like there’s a random line a few feet out from the window.

If I delete that it’s easier to work with, but for some reason I can adjust the height of the window, only the sides?

Maybe I’m out of practice and am missing something obvious, but something seems off.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/d80c7487-f0a9-40c8-8000-5681f473f1e9/Dynamic-component-problem

What’s the window component?

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/c4784862eff4a3e9de650492e45fb14f/Scalable-Double-Hung-Window

Looks to me as if the component is broken but not specific to 2020. It behaves the same way in 2019 and 2018. I think someone needs to repair the component.

1 Like

Oh my bad. I should have actually tried it on 2019 first. What’s the best way for me to go about suggesting that repair happen?

I don’t know if there’s anyone on the SU team who is taking care of fixing those ancient components in the Warehouse. Maybe @psaal would know. If that was a component I had to have, I might just get after it myself and save my own copy either locally or to the Warehouse.

1 Like

For sure. I I don’t really need it. I made a dynamic window a while back that I’ll use in its place. I always just trusted that one because it was made by the SketchUp team. I’m doing model to test out my rendering skills in UE4 and I figured the SketchUp Team made window that had over 250k downloads would run into less problems during the exporting process.

Hard to tell when it fell apart but it appears it has. Based on the appearance, I’m guessing it was an early example of DCs

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up. Looks like we broke something and will get it fixed up. If you find any others please don’t hesitate to let us know here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@psaal We let y’all know last October …

@tysongersh I moved this to the DC category where it was already reported.

1 Like