Sketchup Web Hangs in Brave 1.42.97 on MacOS

Hi,

I’m doing a basic interior home layout plan in Sketchup Web. I’m using Brave 1.42.97 on a MacBook Air M1 with 16GB RAM.

The file size is only 3MB, and I’ve been using a mix of self-drawn polygons and some low-polygon-count 3DW models - nothing too intricate - to keep total load down. However, it’s getting to a point where it repeatedly hangs while drawing.

The hang behaviour is strange; the app session in the browser becomes entirely unresponsive; I can’t select items or click buttons. There may be some residual responsiveness around pivoting viewpoint, for example, which might eventually stop as well.

Once it’s in this state, then the entire browser becomes unresponsive; I can’t close the tab, or the browser. I get a pinwheel in MacOS generally. After around 10-15s, activity monitor shows the entire Brave process as hung. Quit doesn’t work, and I have to force-quit.

This has happened around 15x now today, always on the same model. It doesn’t appear to be linked to a specific action or object, although I’m naturally doing the same kind of activity.

The file size, polygon count and overall load seem light for such a hang to occur, and the fact it kills the entire browser while still being slightly responsive in the tab is strange. I don’t get an ‘Aw snap’ or similar. Although I haven’t left it more than 30s before losing patience.

Anyone else seen the same thing?

Have you tried a different browser?

• A Recommended Web Browser: SketchUp for Web depends on WebAssembly, a new technology requiring cutting-edge browser support. For the best experience, we recommend Chrome 59+, Firefox 52+ or Microsoft Edge 84+. Although SketchUp for Web will work in Safari, we cannot confidently recommend this browser at this time.
    // /sketchup-web/sketchup-web-hardware-requirements

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.