Sketchup Pro crashing every 5 minutes on MacBook Pro

Thanks but it isn’t this, I am only using 1.6% of my Systems CPU and the file is 54MB on a 2TB laptop

It has thank you…a big difference!

SketchUp, like all CAD programs is a single thread operation, only one core will be used, so the total CPU usage is not a good indicator of how hard the computer is working as most of the cores are idle even when the program is maxing out it’s available CPU and GPU resources.

If hiding profiles, or not showing edges, has a big effect on the speed you are experiencing, this shows that the number of edges are in fact the hang up. It sounds like your computer is struggling to show the number of edges you have in the file. Files size can have little to do with how complex the geometry is that needs to be rendered. I have a 15mb file with over 140 million edges that will bring any machine to it’s knees. Open Model info > Statistics and see what the entity count is for your model, make sure show nested components is checked.

3 Likes

Did you try the “purge unused” and “fix problems” options? If it still doesn’t work, then send the file. I’ll have a look at it.