Help Sketchup Pro keeps crashing & long wait to restart!

Hi everyone, advice needed please!
Sketchup pro 2020 seems to crash a fair bit & it takes forever to reload! Is there a way to overcome this? Attached is the Mac I am using.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Are you getting BugSplats and submitting them with identifying info so the developers can get back to you? There are some strange situations with some models from the 3DWarehouse that can cause crashes, so if you have downloaded components from there you could try erasing their instances in the model and then purging unused via Entity Info->statistics. There is also a possibility that a misbehaving extension is causing the crashes. The developers may not be able to identify which one, but they can tell you if it looks like an extension is to blame.

After a crash, SketchUp tries to reload the same model as was open at the time of the crash. If that model is very complex, it will cause a slow restart. Also, having a large number of extensions installed and active will slow down the start.

i’m having the same problem. My iMac gets hung up with the beach ball floating around every 10 minutes or so. i don’t get bugsplats so have not recorded these crashes. i don’t have many models from the Warehouse, either, so am wondering if this is common to 2020 Pro.

Do you have auto save turned on?

i do, saving every 5 minutes

The answer to the original post was most likely that he was opening SketchUp from the disk image file. That would cause SketchUp to take a long time to open.

With SketchUp 2021 it also can lead to a crash, if you try to choose a texture.

So, make sure that you are running SketchUp from inside the Applications folder.

i don’t have the issue with the long re-open. My model isn’t huge though there is some terrain. My issue is with the crashing part. i can’t work more than 10-15 minutes without a glow ball. i typically open SU from the Dock, which is a shortcut to the applications folder. My machine is new and loaded so it shouldn’t be a hardware issue.