SketchUp Pro 2021 on Windows goes to Bugsplat when starting up

Hi Team, I just installed SketchUp Pro 2021 on Windows and have a subscription to use it. When I start the program it goes immediately to the Bugsplat screen. I have filled out two help requests on the website but haven’t heard anything. Please let me know if you have any tips.

Commonly Bug Splats on startup are due to graphics driver problems. Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date (go to the manufacturer’s site to get the latest drivers) and make sure the Nvidia GPU you list in your profile is set to be used for SketchUp.

The other common reason for Bug Splats on Windows is incorrect installation. With SketchUp and LayOut closed, find the downloaded installer. Right click on it and choose Run as administrator. If prompted, choose the Repair option. Then with both the graphics drivers updated and SketchUp correctly installed, do a cold reboot of your computer and see what happens.

Hi Dave, thanks for your response. I have done both of these things, the repair and updating to the latest Nvidia studio driver, however it still doesn’t work. Sketchup aren’t replying to my requests for help either. Any tips on what I should do next?

Are you trying to open an existing SketchUp file?

Hi Paul, no - I’m just trying to open the program from the Sketchup Pro 2021 icon that was placed on the desktop when the program was installed. I click on that and it goes straight to Bugsplat.