SketchUp Pro 2020 and macOS Big Sur 11

Our preliminary testing of SketchUp 2020.1 on the second developer beta release of macOS Big Sur (11.0) is complete. We have uncovered some minor UI-related issues with SketchUp and LayOut, and are investigating possible solutions. As with all pre-release software, we recommend that users exercise caution when upgrading their systems to Big Sur.

Known Issues

SketchUp

• Toolbar icons/buttons sized incorrectly
  • Texture Palettes not visible in Materials window
    Workaround: resize the materials window
  • Checkbox obscured on section plane dialog

LayOut

• Toolbar icons/buttons sized incorrectly
  • Inspectors render on top of other applications
    Workaround: hide LO app icon in dock
  • Image Palettes and Pencils not visible in Colors window
5 Likes

:grinning: good

:grin:. Is the ipad pro support in the pipeline? The web version works but it is buggy and im unable to zoom and pan with the scroll wheel with it. Thanks!

In the iPad settings, search for ‘top level’. Go into the customize top level menu settings.

I have a three button mouse on order, the Magic Mouse I have doesn’t have a middle mouse button or scroll wheel to configure. But I have read articles where someone used the accessibility options to configure the middle mouse button. Of course, that doesn’t mean it will work with the web version of SketchUp! I will know more on Wednesday, when the mouse arrives.

I can’t tell you about iPad Pro support, other than it definitely on the list of requested features. I would worry though that if middle mouse button cannot work in the web app, it may not work in any app.

1 Like
colin SketchUp Team
September 13

In the iPad settings, search for ‘top level’. Go into the customize top level menu settings.

I have a three button mouse on order, the Magic Mouse I have doesn’t have a middle mouse button or scroll wheel to configure. But I have read articles where someone used the accessibility options to configure the middle mouse button. Of course, that doesn’t mean it will work with the web version of SketchUp! I will know more on Wednesday, when the mouse arrives.

I can’t tell you about iPad Pro support, other than it definitely on the list of requested features. I would worry though that if middle mouse button cannot work in the web app, it may not work in any app.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Yeah i tried mapping the wheel button to no avail. I also dont understand why the second-level right-click pop up list doesnt show (i dont know what it is called) - the scenario being trying to flip my geometry to horizontal but it doesnt show a pop up menu for that when i right-click. Seems like it is not the time for the ipad yet :frowning: anyway, update us if you have workaround with these! Thanks :slight_smile: