SketchUp Pro 2019 not storing shortkeys

SU Pro 2019 (Version 19.3.252) does not store ‘my’ shortkeys.
Tried over and over but it simply ‘forgets’ entered shortkeys.
This problem is new to me. Working with SU for over 10 years.

Hopefully anyone can help me out

Kun joe explain how joe doe dat?:grinning:
You do not have to press Enter , just click outside the panel.

Could it be related to this problem I experienced?

I’m on SU 2019.2 and I find that, seemingly randomly, SU will not remember that I have assigned a default shortcut to another action. Once I close SU and restart the shortcut has reverted back to the default action.

I’m sure this never used to happen (was it just my imagination?).

No it wasn’t. I have had to reset one or two shortcuts recently.

hello everyone, I tried to solve the problem that SU 19 does not save the custom keyboard shortcuts.
i am a mac user so my solution does not apply to windows users (i really don’t know anything inside a pc).
if you’ve lost keyboard shortcuts, you can find a ** SharedPreferences.json ** file here:
~ Library / Application Support / SketchUp 2019 / SketchUp / SharedPreferences.json
here you find a list of commands and you can check if they are the same as you have set.
my advice is once you have created the shortcuts, close SU, and look for this file, then copy it to a safe place.
sometimes after closing SU or after a bug splat, SU overwrites the file and returns to the default version, so to remedy the problem copy the SharedPreferences.json in a safe place, and overwrite them on the one you will find in the folder (returned to default). you can check the settings by reading the command lines. see attached file. then restart. it works for me. please check the uploaded file. these are my shortcuts. I hope you help.
! [Kybrd Shrtcts | 663x499] (upload: //8hP1yt1zksIjjotq8D6oI5naAHP.png)

Small correction, this would be the path to the 2019 preference files:

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/

The / after ~ is needed.

thank you

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.