SketchUp Pro 2019 Freeze & Crash

Out of the blue today, I’m experiencing multiple crashes on SketchUp Pro 2019 on Macbook Air. It often happens when I’m copying and pasting or importing from the warehouse, or just moving things around. I’m working on a small file compared to what I usually work with. (2D black and white floor plans with a few 3D elements in the mix)

First the Spinning Beach Ball of Death. Eventually, forcing SketchUp to quit. Followed by the computer freezing. Then I have to force the power off on the computer and restart.

I’ve been trying to get work done all day, workflow coming to a halt every 30 minutes approx. and having to re-do work when I open the recovered file.

Any advice on what to do?

If you kill, there’s a report somewhere called spindump that might give some clues (usually on screen). Copy and send to me in a DM.

1 Like

I sent you the Spindump via DM

I’m still having problems with multiple crash and freeze. I get this error report sometimes when I open the file again. I don’t have this problem with the other SkUp files I was working on earlier today. Is it possible I imported a corrupt warehouse image that is causing problems in my file?

Error.pdf (29.0 KB) Error2.pdf (29.0 KB)

Well, this looks kinda ominous:

Error: #<LoadError: dlopen(/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/
Plugins/PodiumExtras/SU_PodiumRenderAllScenes/RenderAllScenes.bundle, 9):
Library not loaded: @executable_path/…/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.5.1/
Ruby
Referenced from: /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/
PodiumExtras/SU_PodiumRenderAllScenes/RenderAllScenes.bundle
Reason: image not found - /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/

I’ll say! I downloaded Podium as a trial months ago and it’s not needed. Since my last comment I deleted all Podium plug ins in SketchUp. It seems to have helped, the computer hasn’t crashed as often as before. We’ll see if it has lasting effect. I should know by tomorrow.

This is the Spindump report

Spindump.txt (1.9 MB)

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.