Sketchup pro 2018 "Not Responding" at at start up- band new comp

Hello,
About to pull my hair out! I recently got a new computer (Alienware 17) with a NVIDIA GTX 1070 graphics card. My sketchup was working just fine, but now this week every time I open it, it says “not responding”. I am using a double monitor as well. Not sure if this has anything to do with it…but again I had the double monitor when it was working just fine a couple weeks ago.

Ive done the following things to try to fix the problem:
Contact Technical Support
Uninstall and reinstall Sketchup as Admin
Set Open GL to specifically use NVIDIA GTX 1070 instead of the global setting
Uninstall Vray / Support said that Vray has a glitch that’s causing problems with Sketchup but it didn’t fix the problem
Change my 3D Performance on my NVIDIA Control panel to “performance” instead of “quality”
Updated my NVIDIA GTX 1070 Graphics card
Updated my Microsoft UHD Graphics card
Updated Sketchup to most recent release

If anyone has anything to add in terms of what I can do to fix this issue, please let me know! I’m desperate to get back into my work!

Thank you kindly! :robot:

What exactly does this mean? Does it mean you logged in as the System Admin to install? Or does it mean you right clicked on the SketchUp installer and selected Run as administrator?

A couple of weeks ago I picked up an Alienware 15 with the same graphics card. So far SketchUp has been running flawlessly on it.

Hi Dave,
I am logged as admin and right clicked to run as admin. Thats so great it works on your 15. Any suggestions to the issue?

You need to use your normal login when you install it and not the System Admin login. Try reinstalling with your normal login and see if that works for you. Remember the right click thing.

Currently doing it right now. I’ll update. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.