SketchUp Pro 2016 shuts down during launch

I updated to SketchUp Pro 2016 a few days ago; and everything was working fine until I installed to the latest version of Vray 2.0 for SketchUp. Once installed, when I opened SketchUp it would immediately close, before it even finished loading, and with no bug splat. I proceeded to uninstall SketchUp and Vray, then restarted my computer and reinstalled SketchUp only. It’s still closing (I’m reluctant to say crashing because of the absence of a crash screen) immediately after launching the application. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

did you solve this? I seem to have the same kind of problem.

@linus.carlson

Unfortunately, I don’t recall exactly what I did to resolve this issue. I believe, and forgive me if this doesn’t help, I did another complete uninstall of SketchUp, deleted all the support files for new and old versions (this being the extra step that wasn’t in my original post), then restarted my computer and performed another fresh install. As for what exactly I deleted, it should have been any SketchUp folders that were not removed during the uninstall in the following two directories:

C:\Program Files\SketchUp
C:\ProgramData\SketchUp

In order to see the ProgramData folder you have to change your C: drive’s “View” settings to show “Hidden items.”

Honestly, I can’t recall if this is what fixed the issue or if I tried/found something else. I can say that I didn’t actually get any help from the forum, which is unfortunate. For the future, I’ll be sure to make a follow up post describing the resolution, if I find one.

Best of luck,

Cheers

Thanks for the answer! seems like vray was the problem. It was uninstalled because I had som problem with the license.When I installed it again sketchup worked as usual, Very strange. But very nice to be back.
Cheers!

Skickat från min iPhone

20 mars 2017 kl. 16:49 skrev jdeacon <sketchup@discoursemail.commailto:sketchup@discoursemail.com>:

[https://avatars.discourse.org/v2/letter/j/8c91f0/45.png] jdeaconhttp://forums.sketchup.com/users/jdeacon
March 20

@linus.carlsonhttp://forums.sketchup.com/users/linus.carlson

Unfortunately, I don’t recall exactly what I did to resolve this issue. I believe, and forgive me if this doesn’t help, I did another complete uninstall of SketchUp, deleted all the support files for new and old versions (this being the extra step that wasn’t in my original post), then restarted my computer and performed another fresh install. As for what exactly I deleted, it should have been any SketchUp folders that were not removed during the uninstall in the following two directories:

C:\Program Files\SketchUp
C:\ProgramData\SketchUp

In order to see the ProgramData folder you have to change your C: drive’s “View” settings to show “Hidden items.”

Honestly, I can’t recall if this is what fixed the issue or if I tried/found something else. I can say that I didn’t actually get any help from the forum, which is unfortunate. For the future, I’ll be sure to make a follow up post describing the resolution, if I find one.

Best of luck,

Cheers