Sketchup crash on launch with vray

UPDATE: I uninstalled vray and sketchup loads just fine.
UPDATE2: Apparently I’m not alone. Finally found this. Repeated crash in SketchUp 2018. after Vray upgrade - Chaos Forums
They said it will be fixed in 3.60.02. Hopefully that is sooner rather than later. They said a couple of week a month ago.

Hi guys! I’m hoping someone has an idea on what is going on. I’m not sure what happened, but I was using sketchup today and decided to do some illustrator work. I closed sketchup and later went to lunch. When I got back from lunch sketchup crashes every time I try to open it. I uninstalled sketchup and vray, rebooted and reinstalled sketchup then reinstalled vray and rebooted. I’m still getting the same error and crash on startup. The error box says:

Error Loading File C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/init.rb
Error: #<StandardError: Failed to initialize V-Ray>
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require’
C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/init.rb:1:in <top (required)>' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/vfs.rb:26:in register_extension’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/vfs.rb:26:in <module:VRay>' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/vfs.rb:4:in <top (required)>’

I’m using Sketchup Pro 2018 and Vray version 3.6. Any help would be appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.