SU 2018 Load Errors, then crash, cant use

Hi, I upgraded to Vray 3 (and reprogrammed my dongle).
I am using Windows 8.1 and Sketchup Pro 2018.
I repeatedly get the message below and then SU crashes. It is unusable.
This problem is not happening in 2016 and Vray works fine there.

Error Loading File C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/init.rb
Error: #<StandardError: Failed to initialize V-Ray>
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require’
C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/init.rb:1:in <top (required)>' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/vfs.rb:26:in register_extension’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/vfs.rb:26:in <module:VRay>' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/vfs.rb:4:in <top (required)>’

How did you install?
Goto to your chaos group account, download the latest driver and version 3.6 and install it (right click on the installer file, choose run as administrator) Same goes fir the SjetchUp installer!

I just reinstalled the latest license server and Vray 3. Also the dongle has been reprogrammed. I still get the below message, followed by a crash. but only in SU 2018. Vray 3 in SU 2016 is working fine

Error Loading File C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/init.rb
Error: #<StandardError: Failed to initialize V-Ray>
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require’
C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/init.rb:1:in <top (required)>' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/vfs.rb:26:in register_extension’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/vfs.rb:26:in <module:VRay>' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/vfs.rb:4:in <top (required)>’

I have found that with Dynamic Components disabled and the Sketchucation plugin disabled I am able to use Vray 3.06 and all my other plugins in SU 2018. This problem was not present in SU 2016.

Just in the plugin folder find su_dynamiccomponents.rb (open it with some ruby editor in the plugin store) and add to the beginning of the code: “UI.start_timer (5, false) {”
and at the end of the code: “}”. It will load DC plugins after all other (5 = seconds, false) plugins, as well as Vray. So the Vray load will be normal and you will be able to use all the benefits of sketchup and vray.
Plugin folder on win: C:\Users\User name\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2018\SketchUp\Plugins

Update: Chaos group sent a custom build and it worked with all my plugins enabled. I assume this upgrade will be out soon

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.