Sketchup having problems saving between computers?

Hi

I have been working on a SketchUp model on my computer at work for several days now and have made sure to save before I log out every time. When I log in again, and open it from my Trimble folder from that computer it is completely fine, but when I open it from my laptop at home it has not saved any of the progress from the last week or so.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, do you know how to remedy it?

Thanks!

Are you using the free web version for your work as indicated in your profile?

Have you signed out of Trimble Connect at home and logged back in?

Hi there

Yes, I am using the free web version.

I have signed out and logged back in a couple of times.

Hmmm… This is for your work?

If you go directly to Trimble Connect and sign in can you access the most recent version?

I just signed in on Trimble and I can open up the most recent version in the viewer.

So you should also be able to open it from there.

FWIW, if you are using SketchUp for your work, you need to be using SketchUp Shop or SketchUp Pro.

I just tried to open from Trimble to SketchUp and it is still the old version.

Also, I work for a school that is terrible at getting me software. I am learning on the web version to show them that it would be a good investment.

You should be able to access the latest version of the file but clearly something is getting in the way of it being displayed. Try clearing your caches for the internet browser you are using and then try signing in again. If that doesn’t change anything, can you access the file at work today? You could try saving it with a new file name to see if you can access it from home. As a final option, you could download it to the computer and e-mail it to yourself.

Thank you, that did it.

What did it? Clearing the caches?

FWIW, it never hurts to keep extra copies of your files. When you are getting ready to quit for the day, save the file to your computer as well as in TC just as a way to keep your bases covered.

1 Like

Clearing the caches. Thanks for all the help and advice.

1 Like

You’re quite welcome.

Good luck working on the school and HNY.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.