Sketchup Freezing ALL THE TIME!

I use Sketchup quite constantly, and I use Sketchup 2016 Make because I can’t afford pro, and my computer is too cr@p to handle SU 2017. I have no idea why this happens, but after a while of using Sketchup (even on incredibly low poly models), it just freezes, and I can’t end it in task manager (or any similar application), it just says “Cannot end task. Access is denied.”. Even if I use command prompt in admin, and I use taskkill /f, it says:

ERROR: The process “SketchUp.exe” with PID 5840 could not be terminated.
Reason: There is no running instance of the task.

Any ideas why this happens? It happens all the time, and the only way to end the hanging task is to forcefully shut down my computer and turn it on again. It’s so f*cking frustrating.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

System Specs:
Windows 10 x86-64 (64 bit)
Sketchup 2016 Make x86 (32 bit, even after going from 64 bit to 32 bit it still freezes)
HP Compaq 6730b
2.26GHz dual core Intel CPU
2.25GB RAM (DDR2) (2GB factory plus a random 256MB ram module I found laying around)
Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family w/ 128MB dedicated VRAM
DirectX 12 (apparently, after running dxdiag)
OpenGL 2.1

What is the graphics card? That, and the quality of its drivers, seems to be at the heart of a lot of problems with SU not working properly. It’s the quality of OpenGL drivers that matters, not DirectX.

And you might try removing the extra 256MB ram module - if it isn’t quite compatible with the rest of the RAM, or is slightly dodgy in itself, memory errors might be at the root of your problem.

If you are using SU commercially, you legally must have a Pro licence. Make is licensed only for personal, non-commercial use, and that has been the case since SU 2013. The last ‘free’ version that was not so limited was SU 8.

Well, I’ll try removing the 256MB ram module and see if that helps, also I’m using SU Make personally, not commercially.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.