Sketchup Free Can't draw new objects

Hi all, I have been working on a model for a while now but just recently I have found that I can’t draw any new objects (squares/circles) I can edit previously created parts though. When I go the rectangle tool and draw a shape, i can see the shape as I draw it but then once I click it disappears. If I then select all there is nothing where I just drew?
I’m guessing its something stupid I’ve missed so would appreciate some help please.

Have you turned edges off?

Where do I do that?

I’ve seen this sort of thing happen when users have managed to turn off Untagged. Untagged no longer shows in the Tags list like it used to which can make it difficult to fix. Download the .skp file to your computer and share it here. I can quickly fix it for you if that’s the problem.

The file is too large to upload, here is a link to it https://we.tl/t-YtCP5YWX6H

Fixed. The problem was that you had turned off Untagged as I guessed.
Screenshot - 7_9_2021 , 8_39_24 AM

That’s not a good work flow.

I also fixed the incorrect tag usage–ALL edges and faces should be created and left untagged. Only groups and components should get tags.
Screenshot - 7_9_2021 , 8_39_50 AM

And I purged the unused stuff from your model.
Screenshot - 7_9_2021 , 8_40_07 AM

Thanks, Just out of interest, how would I have turned untagged off, I cant see untagged?

You used to be able to see Untagged. They changed that recently.

Untagged should always be left active. They’ve changed the interface so users can’t easily screw it up but unfortunately, if it was screwed up before the change was made, it’s difficult to fix in the free version.

Is that your house you’re modeling?

Oh I see, yes it is

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.