SketchUp for Web – lost 6 days of work after crash, local browser backup recovery?

I’m using SketchUp for Web Free on Chrome on macOS.

My model “St Jean” was originally saved to Trimble Connect on October 1st. I have worked on it almost every day since then, keeping the same browser tab open. SketchUp regularly displayed “Saved”, so I believed the model was being saved/autosaved normally.

Today, October 7th, SketchUp displayed an error indicating that the model contained too many elements. I refreshed the page, and when the model reopened, all the work completed since October 1st had disappeared.

Trimble Connect and Revision History both stop at October 1st (version 8).

I have NOT cleared Chrome’s cache, cookies or site data, and I’m still using the same Mac and Chrome profile on which I created the missing geometry.

Since SketchUp for Web documentation states that autosave also creates a local backup in the browser cache, is there any way to manually recover or force SketchUp to load that local backup?

I don’t want to clear or modify the Chrome cache before knowing whether the backup can still be recovered.

Information provided by Google search:

The maximum file size limit for uploading and opening models in SketchUp for Web Free is 100 MB. Files larger than this cannot be opened, edited, or saved within the free browser version

If your .skp file is over 100 MB, you can reduce its size using a paid desktop version of SketchUp (like SketchUp Pro) or ask the original creator to optimize it: [1]

How large is the file? The hobbyist version you are using is limited in max file size.

You should download copies of your .skp file to your local drive.