SketchUp for Schools vs. SketchUp Pro vs. SketchUp Make

How does SketchUp for Schools compare to SketchUp Pro and SketchUp Make? We administer the statewide licensing grant program in Ohio and I want to encourage schools to use SketchUp for Schools, but also want to set appropriate expectations.

We have received many requests for a product like this from our MANY Chromebook schools, so we are hopeful it will meet their needs!

Hi Charles,

SketchUp for Schools is available free of charge to any K-12 school enrolled with G Suite for Education and will be a great fit for schools utilizing Chromebooks in the classroom. As a web tool, SketchUp for Schools does not require users to download/install software as with SketchUp Make/Pro.

Please let us know if you have any questions about which version is a good fit for a specific situation and we’ll get you pointed in the right direction.

Bear in mind that (as I understand it from reading in this forum) SketchUp for Schools is essentially my.sketchup.

It is still in beta, and doesn’t yet have all of the facilities of SketchUp run on Windows or Mac.

If you want to see what you will get, try it at
https://my.sketchup.com/app

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.