Sketchup "Failed to open document"

i am unable to open the file can someone pls halep me
here is the file

~700 MB file with 90 million edges

You’re the second person to ask for help in the last two days because they can’t open their file anymore, and that’s because you made it too heavy. You have to learn not to insert everything you download from the 3D warehouse or created yourself (high poly) into your model.

One of the groups with 27 million edges

The layout of the walls is simple, probably the fastest is to start fresh from that simple model and try to insert only low-poly models for design (furniture, etc.). Use textures instead of those patterns with millions of edges.

To shrink your file dramatically while retaining the same look, you can take a screenshot of a high-poly pattern, then use that screenshot as a photo-texture and delete the original high-poly pattern.

Of course there are other, easier methods for reducing texture sizes and better ways to simplify geometry in the model.

The images @mihai.s posted look exactly like the model in another topic. Is this a double post?

2 Likes

Even for me the document failed to open. Need help ASAP.
the file is not getting attached as it is too big.

Without sharing it there’s nothing we can do to help you. Upload it to DropBox and share the link.

Are you using SketchUp for Schools or SketchUp 2021 Pro? Your forum profile is confusing.

SketchUp 2021 Pro. Sorry for the confusion.

Please correct your forum profile. When that information is accurate it helps us help you.

this is the file

It’s a huge file but I’ll see what I can do with it. I have got it opened.

Thank u so much. I have to show it to a client that’s why.

After getting it opened I gave it a little cleanup to try to reduce it so your computer will handle it. First thing is to fix incorrect tag usage. All edges and faces should be created and remain untagged.
Screenshot - 6_25_2023 , 12_58_22 PM
Then I purged unused stuff from the model. This took quite a while because you are hoarding an awful lot of components and materials.
Screenshot - 6_25_2023 , 1_01_44 PM

This reduced the file size by nearly 83%. It really could stand more cleanup with lower poly entourage. In some cases, like with those hanging lamps over the coffee table, the geometry could be replaced with a simple texture.

There are a lot of incorrectly oriented faces in your model. I temporarily changed the back face color to magenta to make that more obvious. You should only have white front faces shown. If you plan to run your model through a rendering application those reversed faces will be a problem.

I’ll upload the resulting file and come back with a link shortly.

Here’s the link. To ensure you don’t run into this problem again get in the habit of keeping your models clean and light as you go.

Yes will keep that in mind. Thank you again.