SketchUp Errors

So I can’t get into Sketchup because I keep getting a message that states,

"The following errors were found when launching SketchUp:

-Hardware acceleration is unsupported or has been disabled on your graphics card. SketchUp requires that you use a hardware accelerated graphics card.

Unfortunately, these errors will prevent Sketchup from running."

My graphics card is an INTEL(R) UHD Graphics 630. I’ve bee running SketchUp with no problem but this morning I downloaded some updates to my Windows 10 platform and now SketchUp has this problem. I appreciate any advice on this as my clients are waiting for their drawings.

What version of SketchUp are you running? Please complete your profile.

Most likely the graphics drivers that were included in that Windows update are broken. Go to the Intel site and get their version of the drivers to install. Install them and then do a cold reboot of your computer.

Note that integrated GPUs such as the one you are using have never been recommended for SketchUp. Broken drivers with Windows updates are one reason.

Thanks for the reply! sorry to be clueless but what is a GPU? is that the graphics card driver?

Graphics Processor. Your computer doesn’t have a dedicated graphics card.

Please fix your profile. The operating system would be Windows 10 not ‘2020’. Put SketchUp version number in the SketchUp Version field.