SketchUp and macOS High Sierra

OK, if you don’t know of plugins, you probably haven’t installed any. What about APFS case-sensitivity? Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.app, select your hard drive and type command-I (that’s an I, not an L). Is your volume type APFS? And for “Is case-sensitive” is it Yes or No?

Also I am using an additional display

Hi Barry
Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 3.21.16 PM.pdf (50.5 KB)

I have tried to copy the PDF copy of the screen shot here. But in case it does not work, Volume Type: Physical Volume, Is Case Sensitive: No

Ah, so you do not have a SSD or Fusion Drive, so your High Sierra stayed HFS+ (the older Apple File system). Most of the systems I test on have SSD’s, which Apple converts to their new file system APFS. And even on HFS+, you’re not case-sensitive (Unix systems are this way, Mac & Windows are not, they’re case-respecting). So that eliminates a few variables. I’ll try to see if I can find a system closer to yours, because I can’t reproduce what you’re seeing. Anyone else on High Sierra get anything like this? Is it a specific model you can share?

Thanks Barry, This is a mid 2011 iMac 27". Let me know if there is more information on this specific computer

Over lunch, I ran down to the Apple Store and found an iMac with a hard drive and HFS+ like yours, installed SketchUp 2017, and nested groups 5 deep, edited down to the bottom level, and returned, tried a few things and nothing happened. The one thing that’s vague for me is the “Entity Info Tool”: what are you referring to?

Outliner?

Wishing that i have read this earlier. Now having problems with sketchup pro. Bugs!
What should i do now? anyone can help with this issue? thks

I wish I’d seen this thread before I updated to High Sierra. I have Sketchup Pro 2017, it doesn’t like High Sierra and is now crashing out. Any ideas what to do?

@azulsaed and @Paul.Underhill

v18 solves many of the known issues and the ‘last’ v17 solved some of them…

update v17 or upgrade to v18…

john

1 Like

You need to install the 17.3.116 version, which was specifically written to address some issues with High Sierra. Or, as john wrote, upgrade to 2018.

Thank you John, Did the upgrade to sketchup18 and all fine now. Thanks again

I’ve been on v18 since day one without issue…

i’m not on High Sierra but many others are…

john

I would appreciate some guidance! am an amateur home woodworker excited to learn & start designing tables using Sketchup. I’m new to both Sketchup and also to iMac - have a High Sierra 10.13.1 OS and am unsure which version of Sketchup I should install given my reading above that there are some compatibility issues. Advice would be greatly appreciated- thank you!

sorry folks. I didn’t read carefully enough… looks like version 18 is the ticket. Is there a separate 18 for Mac?

sure, download SU Pro 2018 f. macOS from here.

thank you!

Similar problem for me.

Deleting ~/Library/Colors/NSColorPanelSwatches.plist cleared the custom swatches (chiclets?), but did not resolve scrambled up Colors Named palette.

See thread 65; you’re not 2018, correct? Can you go to 2018?

You talking to me, Barry?

If yes: No. Dont wanna go to 18 just yet. Is this the only way?