Sketchup and Layout 21 won't open. Get BugSplat

Probably Windows update doing its magic. I had my problems with a HP docking station. Not specifically with SketchUp but with getting two external screens to work together with my laptop screen. It finally works after updating

• dock firmware
  • computer firmware
  • thunderbolt software
  • nvidia driver
  • network driver
  • whatnot, I don’t remember if that was all

No idea if it would help for you but if you have half a day to waste watching paint dry, you can try.

The main thing that has changed is that I replaced my 21" monitor with a 27" one. So now my double monitor setup is one 21" and a 27" one.

It worked fine with the previous setup (two 21" monitors). It doesn’t make sense to me why that would be. The resolution on the new monitor is still 1920x1080 like it was on the old one (everything is just a little bigger) so I would think the GPU isn’t the problem. However, I’m open to looking into anything.

My laptop has control panels for Integrated Intel Graphics and NVIDIA. I’ve played around with so many configurations with no luck that I don’t know what else to try.

I’m open to any suggestions.

How do you recommend I check which GPU is being used?

Open the Graphics Settings control panel, and see if SketchUp is in the list of managed apps. If it isn’t, click Browse, then go to C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 201\SketchUp.exe, and add that to the list.

When it’s in the list, select it and click Options. Change the GPU to be High Performance.

WOW. Just thought I’d post the solution I came up with for bugsplat upon opening SU or LO. I’m using a Plugable USB 3.0 Docking Station. Once I checked the box “Make this my main display” for my laptop screen under display settings, I have no issues opening either SU or LO.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.