Sketchup and Layout 2021 Keep Signing me out

Hi

Just wondering why Sketchup Pro and Layout 2021 keep randomly signing me out.

I’m on a Classic License.

I open Sketchup or Layout.

Profile Icon in top right of Welcome shows me as not signed in sometimes.

I click to sign in. I sign in.

I use Sketchup or Layout.

I quit Sketchup or Layout.

Then when I go to reuse them again, sometimes I’m signed out and have to sign in again. It seems random.

Would appreciate any ideas.

Kind regards

Mike

I have to same problem. It’s annoying. Judging by the fact that there are no answers here tells me Trimble doesn’t know why either.

I keep having the same issues too. I was just going to set geo location and a message appeared saying I need to sign in. I clicked on my profile and I am signed in so I will have to sign out and sign back in I suppose. The annoying part is remembering my password as google also sometimes acts up and doesn’t autofill… Its very frustrating!
I was having the same issue with 3d warehouse all the time so I now open up a browser instead and use from there…it still happens but less often.

Could it be my internet connection?

I have the same issue. It also came to light when I tried to use geo-location. I tried signing out and signing in again but the issue persists.
If I try to open a drawing or start a new one I get the message: “You can continue to use SketchUp, but you will not be allowed to start a new file or open an existing file.”
My subscription status is Active and I am signed in - what more do I have to do to make use of the services included in my subscription?

With the SketchUp subscription-based products, I think that logout, exit SketchUp, and login is required every 28 days. The message that appears when there has not been a new login within 28 days is confusing - Trimble should make the message clearly indicate what action the user should take and why.

If this is not what is causing the issue that you are encountering, sorry for the digression.

I have the same issue but trimble doesn’t care. They are more concerned with people pirating the software than user experience. When i get into work i want to open multiple models. Then i need to restart and try one at a time, or sign in for each individual model.

and this happens nearly every day

When SketchUp starts it looks for a file in User/AppData/ …that shows the last time you signed in to your account. If that file is missing or older than 28 days SketchUp prompts you to sign in. If you have to do this every day it implies that file isn’t getting written correctly. On Windows that implies that SketchUp doesn’t have the required permissions to write that file. Typically this is due to incorrect installation of SketchUp. You could try fixing that by finding the installer or downloading it fresh from sketchup.com/download/all Right click on it. Choose Run as administrator and, when presented, choose Repair. If SketchUp and/or LayOut were already open on the machine, close them and reboot the computer. Make sure you are signed in to Windows with your user credentials.