Sketchup 2021 Pro Appears to have forgotten my subscription information mid use

Good Evening Sketch Masters,

My problem occurred when attempting to switch from one drawing to another. Suddenly, I receive a message telling me I can continue to use SU but can not open any files or start new ones.

Checking my license information reveals that SU wants me to restart the app to begin my free trial. When I check my products via the Trimble Account information, everything is as expected, showing I purchased the SU pro license just this last March and that it is active for one year.

I have had no issues until this moment with the software download, installation or use other than one would expect from lack of expertise. Any critical system errors or crashes have been non-existent. I have opened and closed the software many times and switched files in flight numerous times, including several times during the current session without any problems up to this moment.

I used to be a tech-support guy in a previous life so I have not proceeded with restarting the app and reloading my license yet because I thought it to be the kind of problem odd enough to be noteworthy. I figured I would leave the issue as it stands on the off chance someone on the SU team might be interested in getting any data now prior to my moving forward with fixing the problem.

I realize this may be a very small fish in the scheme of things and will simply proceed with normal troubleshooting procedures should this be of no interest and contact you should I experience any issues restoring the subscription.

Just thought I’d offer to be helpful as it may be related to some other problems with subscriptions and data is data after all.

Thank you for creating such a great product and everything else you do toward making the user experience enjoyable.

General System Information:

SketchUp Pro 2021 ver. 21.0.391 64-bit
Windows 10 Home Edition ver. 2004 OS build 19041.985
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0
Last Updated 10/2/2020
Processor Intel I3-7100U @ 2.4Ghz
4GB Ram Installed
Intel Graphics 620 4GB Ram, OpenGL 4.5, DirectX 12.0

I have included the information I have thus far as the following uploads:

This small detail caught my attention:
Duration ( 31.Marc.2020 to 21. May 2021 ) = 1 year, 1 month, 21 days > one year :thinking: :innocent:

Apologies, I should have been more clear.

My subscription shows as “active” and I purchased the subscription in March of 2021 :wink:

In that case, it should work. I guess you tried to log out and back in. To see if a proper account used.
Otherwise probably @colin can check it for you.

With a subscription you have to do a fresh sign in after 28 days. If for some reason you had signed in again on April 23rd, you would be due to sign in around this time.

We have been petitioning for the wording to be different, and that simply asking you to sign out and in again to re-authorize that copy of SketchUp, would be less confusing than the current message.

So, try signing out and back in again. You don’t have to close SketchUp.

1 Like

Worked as normal. Thank you for the excellent explanation and I would agree with your petition as from the user perspective, it appears that something went wrong.

Fortunately most users would not have chosen to go my route and would have restarted the software, found everything to be fine, and dismissed the issue from their thoughts shortly thereafter. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.