Sketchup 2021 Dock Icon on MacOS Big Sur

Does anybody know a trick how to bring the Sketchup Icon in the Dock to the right size?
Or is it a known bug? It’s way to big. Not a serious bug, but really annoying from an aesthetical point of view.

Did anyone fixed the problem with Icons or no one cares?

It totally kills me too!

Every update I replace the icons with one from here. Go to your Applications folder > get info > replace. Instructions here.

1 Like

You just made my day :pray: Thanks so much :v:

1 Like

Considering it can be fixed in a matter of seconds, I all but guarantee they don’t care. Several updates have come since this happened and it’s 100% ignored. At this price this is embarrassing, especially for pro software.

1 Like

OT: Why don’t professional software packages usually have “Pro” in their name? What does “Pro” mean in this context? I only have two applications with “Pro”, SketchUp and FileMaker. The latter is to Access what SketchUp is to, say, AutoCad.

In this context it is the name of the software. But it “means” it’s designed for commercial (professional) use, which is supported by its price. Name of the software is irrelevant. If software is for a professional use, and is priced this high, little things like this should be “fixed” quickly.

:pray:t4: This is my goto, as well!
Both have layouts, btw.

Trimble doesn’t have much MacOS apps, but they are all square, like on Windows.

Sometime late in the last millennium there was an avalanche of these “pro” products (in name) and at the time it was joked that it meant that the product was meant for amateurs who then were made to pay a small premium for the name.
IMO SketchUp’s pricing has always been somewhere between the “home use” packages and “premium ultrapro whizbang” ones.

Agreed. And I might add, so has the software’s polish and feature set. :slight_smile: