Sketchup 2020 Cannot connect to internet

Hello, I wanted to surface this issue again. An employee next to me is working on a Mac. They are having the same issue of Sketchup 2020 not launching because it cannot find the internet. The only problem is that on the Mac side they have no OnlineTestURL line in the .json file to edit. It’s a much smaller file on the Mac OS side. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

This is the Mac .json file, there is no OnlineTestURL line.

{
“This Computer Only”: {
“Application”: {
“CID”: “838bb9d3-6103-d748-9761-d3ad9f23f2fa”,
“RunCounterSU”: 1
},
“Common”: {
“AcceptedEULA”: true
},
“File Locations”: {
“Classifications”: “/Users/jtani/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Classifications”,
“ComponentBrowser”: “/Library/Application Support/”,
“ComponentBrowser1”: “/Library/Application Support/”,
“ComponentBrowser2”: “/Library/Application Support/”,
“Components”: “/Users/jtani/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Components”,
“Images”: “/Users/jtani/Documents”,
“ImportExport”: “/Users/jtani/Documents”,
“Materials”: “/Users/jtani/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Materials”,
“MaterialsBrowser”: “/Library/Application Support/”,
“MaterialsBrowser2”: “/Library/Application Support/”,
“Models”: “/Users/jtani/Documents”,
“Styles”: “/Users/jtani/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Styles”,
“StylesBrowser”: “/Library/Application Support/”,
“StylesBrowser2”: “/Library/Application Support/”,
“Templates”: “/Users/jtani/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Templates”,
“Textures”: “/Users/jtani/Documents”
},
“Toolbars”: {
“Trimble Connect.Visible”: 0
}
}
}

Send a message

There are two .json files. Are you looking at PrivatePreferences.json? That’s where the OnlineTestURL line appears on my Mac. In a section titled “Preferences”.

We updated the MacOSX, restarted and everything is working now. Thank you!

It seems the location of where you can override the URL was changed, from a buried .dat file to a setting in preferences. Note that the value is not there until the first time you quit SketchUp, and if you manually added the value while SketchUp was open, that might get replaced when you quit.

Section E of this page covers the change:

https://help.sketchup.com/en/sketchup/cant-connect-web-tools-3d-warehouse-extension-warehouse-add-location-and-licensing

1 Like